Friday, September 9, 2011

RE: Below Zero Hip-Hop

But for example, when it comes to hip-hop genre for me, I prefer that it's better for people to listen to old school or underground, instead of today's mainstream. Why? Because old school has better lyrics that many other people besides the artist/rapper can relate to the meaning of the song.
           I totally agree with Bridget on this. Old hip hop needs to brought back. The mainstream these days are about money, girls, and words that have no meaning. The first rap song I listened to was from the artist Tupac but I really didn't know how to sing it so I just mumbled the lyrics(I was in 1st grade) and it had a nice flow to it. I was just listening to some beats to compare the sound from classic underground and mainstream. To me mainstream has too much techno in the instrumental so its more like Hip-Dance.   
          Classic Underground was just a simple beat easily invented by clapping hands and tongue. I think that some youtube singers are a lot better than the ones today. Some beats get a lot of repetition from other artist and those verse or freestyles they make are just incredible. Notorious B.I.G, P Diddy, and Mf Doom are my big time underground rappers. You can even tell if the song is mainstream or classic. I just think that people are into the beat then the lyrics these days. Some of the lyrics you can't even hear so you will have to search up the lyrics in order for you to sing along. You can disagree with this or not its my OPINION. Thanks Bridget for bringing this up. Check her blogs!

1 comment:

  1. "Hip-Dance" is a great label--I think it gets across the style you're talking about effectively. Plus it made me laugh.

    Hip-hop started making tons of money, and it got institutionalized. Is it fair to summarize the whole history of the genre that way? Probably not. But you're certainly right, that when you listen to the older stuff there's a different world going on than what you hear now.

    ReplyDelete