Friday, October 14, 2011

CE: Earthquake Hits Indonesia


One of the reasons why I'm talking about earthquakes even though it is a common problem.  Is because my city has recently been hit by several small earthquakes.  We don't know when the big one is coming. There's always an aftermath big or small it terrifies everyone. When I was a kid, when i first experienced an earthquake I thought it was me jumping around to much. I found out it was called an earthquake. SO I searched up what an earthquake really is. Encyclopedia defines "An earthquake (also known as a quake, tremor or temblor) is the result of a sudden release of energy in the Earth's crust that creates seismic waves. The seismicity or seismic activity of an area refers to the frequency, type and size of earthquakes experienced over a period of time."
 The powerful earthquake in Indonesia injures at least 50 people. No tsunami was alerted but the injuries range from broken bones, cracked heads, cuts, and scrapes. I glad it wasn't like the Japan earthquake where a huge tsunami came after a horrifying quake.  The earthquake in Indonesia measured 6.8 but the U.S Geological Survey says 6.0. Still the earthquake affected government buildings, schools, and hospitals.  Tourists went screaming around hotels near the beach of Kuta. I hope we can build a fundraiser for the people of Indonesia but alot of other people too need money.  We gotta do this much at this place and then another. I really want to see scientist build a device which can detect earthquakes when its going to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment